We may earn a commission from any purchases you choose to make from our links, at no additional cost to you. It definitely has its own vibe that is really fun to experience. Satisfy the burning hole in your pocket with some retail therapy attheKittery Outlets. Thanks so mucheveryone is always so helpful. Take a drive to Cape Porpoise for nice views of the water (visit the Farm + Table store while there for unique and fun home decor, candles, etc). Check theircalendar of eventsfor the latest information. $3.71 . It is about a 2-hour drive from Boston and is a mecca for outdoor recreation, offering an impressive array of fun-filled possibilities for every season. Click on any scenic byway or backway listed below for complete information. Walk around Dock Square to visit the shops. Cruise down the tree-lined streets, meet with local vendors, learn about the rich history of Salem, and grab a bite to eat at one of the malls unique restaurants. Continue on Rt 1 thru downtown Camden, home to several windjammers, (best view is the auto rd up Mt Battie which could be a quick drive) then head to Bangor. Explore the unique shops and art galleries along Bearskin Neck. Right outside of the congested Bean Town streets is Essex Street Pedestrian Mall. If you follow my suggestion, I estimate it's about a 40-minute ride from where you leave I-95 to downtown (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? All Rights Reserved. If you got too tired to walk the round trip, there is a tourist trolley that runs between those areas at least seasonally. Re: Scenic route from Boston. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-13863629', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Portsmouth. Heres what I suggest you do in Old Orchard when stopping during your road trip: Tip: Expect to pay for parking while visiting Old Orchard, and the closer to the beach you are, the more it will be. Hope you got a room with an ocean view. On average, parking costs about $20 for the day (many lots didnt offer by-the-hour parking when I visited). Click here to book your stay at the Terrace By The Sea in Ogunquit! Thanks again for the guidance and suggestions. "geo": { In york beach, stop by the goldenrod for taffy and ice cream etc. Days 2-3: Kennebunkport to Portland. I am in a (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? If youre coming from outside of New England, youll definitely want to spend a day or two in Boston before taking this road trip, but if you already live in Boston, the payoff along this is really rewarding. Its the perfect place to find some new beach gear. Best as a day trip from: Portland, Massachusetts North Shore, Boston. Thanks Walk down to the end of Bearskin Neck to cross the breakwater jetty. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-13876394', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Nantucket) feel to it, if you've ever been there. The museum features exhibits from local artists, as well as a large collection of 19th-century local artist Fitz Henry Lanes paintings and lithographs. Get off at (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I suggest using Google Maps to type in the exact day and time you plan to leave to get a better idea, especially if youre short on time (taking a day trip, for example). The Inn at English Meadows Alternatively, you may use, Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center, http://www.meliving.com/marginalway/index.shtml. Boston staying at the beach house inn- any suggestions on good scenic routes ? But whatever you do south of the NH seacoast or north of Portsmouth, I would urge you to take Route 111 east from I-95 (NH Turnpike) to Little Boar's Head in Rye. Check our availability today! US Route 1 was designated throughout Florida when the US Numbered Highway System was first laid down . Click here to book your stay at the Cottages at Cabot Cove in Kennebunkport! Indulge in fresh Maine lobster. Continue into Maine, Rt. $5 - $8. York, Ogunquit, and Old Orchard all have beautiful sandy beaches. Route 1A is the "scenic route" but it's constant lights and traffic. The working port is busy, but its truly a unique experience. October 10, 2015 / 6:00 AM / CBS Boston (Photo by David McNew/Getty Images) Scenic routes taken in or out of the city of Boston are easy enough to find, and . From there, grab 133 through Ipswich back to 1A through Newburyport and up the NH coast and into Portsmouth. This is a really great weekend or long weekend road trip to take, as youll have time to stop at most of the destinations on the way there or back. Take in the views at the Bald Head Cliff. very windy road so be careful. The village of Kennbunkport is quaint and has a few restaurants, galleries and gift shops, but is actually quite peaceful and shuts down rather early. Kennebunkport, ME 04046. This is a small beach, but what makes it worth the stop is the cute little beach shacks all the way to your right. I can never decide if I prefer Ogunquit or Kennebunkport, but what I can tell you is, theyre both definitely worth visiting when driving Boston to Portland, Maine. We will be renting a car and driving up to Kennebunkport the first day. Featuring classic New England architecture and elegantly appointed decor, the hotel offers views of lively Dock Square and Lower Village. Most of my online pals call me WP. Coogan began his tenure as Holaday's chief Read More, I-95 Massachusetts News Reports Statewide (90 Reports), The content of this news article doesn't belong to ezeRoad, and we're not responsible for it. Walk by the Witch House (especially if you visit in the fall). Close to the beach, youll find a small amusement park and mini golf places, too. I'm glad you mentioned the Topsfield fair as yes, we will definitely try and avoid thatalso about avoiding the outlet shopping mall (not into that either). 4:55 pm arrive in Portland (Maine) stay at Portland Regency Hotel & Spa. Just an hour outside of Boston, the outlets offer over 120 brand names with unbeatable prices. There are lots of shops and restaurants to choose from, as well as Ogunquit Beach to enjoy. We dont have tolls where I live! then inland (Woodstock/ White / Green mountains), then back to the coast (Newport) then Cape Cod. It takes approximately 45 minutes to get to Newburyport from Boston Airport. Save. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. Of course, you can drive straight through in under five hours, but there is so much to see on . (On the way, still on 1A, Odiorne Point State Park is well worth a stop for a picnic lunch or just a walk on the rocks.). NMYO's Gold Benefactor and Conductors Circle sponsors are the Institution for Savings, Massachusetts Cultural Read More, Weekly rehearsals are held in Topsfield / Boxford near Route 1 and just off Interstate 95. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-99222150', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');New Hampshire, going off on 1B near Portsmouth. (they renumbered a few years ago. From that point, you could elect to drive along the waterfront, starting at Salisbury, MA through Seabrook, Hampton and Rye in NH. Here are some highlights to check out once you arrive in Portland: Click here to read all about the best day trips to take from Portland, Maine! Follow 1A as much as possible, or side roads that drive by the coast, pass by Salisbury and pass Hampton Beach, pass Rye Beach, then by New Castle Route 1 B (go pass Wentworth-by-the-Sea and, Odiorne Point State Park) and go visit Portsmouth, NH. We love to keep the window open and listen to the ocean at night. The windy road (30MPH) then hugs the shore with plenty of widening areas to pull aside and stretch your legs. If arriving in the morning, I highly recommend stopping at. From gorgeous beaches and scenic lighthouses to boat tours and unique shopping boutiques and restaurants, there's something for everyone! If you are planning a road trip, you might also want to calculate the total driving time from BOS to Kennebunkport, ME so you can see when you . Thanks so mucheveryone is always so helpful. Late spring and early-mid summer (so, June, July and August) are the best times to drive from Boston to Portland, Maine, simply because the weather is typically the nicest, and the days are the longest. Since youre driving from the south, I suggest making these stops in this order in Cape Elizabeth: Portland is a cool city to explore, and is packed with history, charming streets and tons and tons of amazing restaurants (this is actually one of the best cities in the Northeast for foodies!). The train ride typically takes about 2 hours and 30 minutes. "https://www.facebook.com/EnglishMeadowsInn/" A short drive through New Castle takes you right into downtown Portsmouth, one of the loveliest and most interesting small cities you'll find anywhere. I was hoping someone could tell me the best route to take maybe to take in some nice scenery. Drive. We love it because it provides some of the freshest boiled lobsters in the region. I hope you have nice trip to New England! Summer along the coast of Maine is just like anywhere in New England by the water it comes alive. Kennebunkport, ME. With that, lets get into it. Length Under 30 miles 30 to 75 miles Over 75 miles. of Ogunquit and York to the south, this road trip takes in the best places to go in Maine. A few other movies have been filmed here, too. Will be arriving on the 5th of October (Sunday) into (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Marginal Way sounds really niceWe will definitely check that out. Once you've completed the 189-mile drive on Route 100 from Wilmington to Newport, you can hop onto Interstate 91 and head south again. It provides access from . If you stay in Portland, I would also suggest doing a beer tasting at one of Portlands breweries, and maybe walking the Eastern Promenade around sunset. "name": "The Inn at English Meadows", JSB--Call me whatever you like, within reason, but Winnie sounds female to me, and I'm not. I would concur with the directions with just one change. (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Most of my online pals call me WP. Kennebunkport. Boston to Newburyport road trip - 1-night stay in Newburyport. By Todd Plummer. and leave at 2:43 pm. It's expensive, but is an experience you won't forget. to take? Boston staying at the beach house inn- any suggestions on good scenic routes ? The crashing Atlantic waves on the rocky coast, the Victorian-style, red-roofed light keepers house, and the vividly green grass covering the hills of the island combine for a stunning welcome into coastal Maine. On weekends they have parking at Read More, But lots of other great places. In york beach, stop by the goldenrod for taffy and ice cream etc. 14 years ago. Visit the Gloucester Fishermans Memorial or sit on the shore and enjoy whale watching off the choppy coast. Jsboston has good thoughts on all of this stuff. . Sponsored . Its very scenic! You can enjoy the view as a driver takes care of the details: try a traditional Maine lobster bake, sample blueberry pie . We are from Ireland and fly to Boston and were thinking of hiring a car, travelling up to him and staying somewhere close by. I was hoping for a semicolon drive to Kennebunkport, but it looks like that will not occur. This pedestrian path along the coastline just over a mile each way, so plan your time accordingly. This thriving city bustles with activity. Day 3 - BOSTON - SALEM - PORTSMOUTH - KENNEBUNKPORT 90 Miles. Save. I am not as familiar with the roads north of Ogunquit, though I have driven Rte 1A to Kennebunkport many times to visit family. On Sunday morning, Newburyport first responders sent out an alert Read More, A man was killed late Monday night when his car, which was stopped along Interstate 95 in New Hampshire A 33-year-old Massachusetts man was fatally shot during a police shooting at the Read More, NEWBURYPORT - Firefighters extinguished a brush fire Sunday about 3:18 p.m. along Interstate 95 near the Whittier put out the blaze along with help from Massachusetts Environmental Police Read More, Jun. If you do one thing during your time in Ogunquit, I would say this is it. "telePhone": "207-967-5766", If you have time, head over to Willard Beach next. Most of them are on their way somewhere else. a scenic drive featuring the Bush family compound, and . Also, Route 1 is not scenic. If you have time to break up your drive and really enjoy all these fun places to visit, these are the towns I would recommend you stay the night in based on options for things to do, and great restaurants: Rockport is a really awesome place to spend the night because it has a really cool little shopping district, wonderful restaurants and is overall, a really unique destination. Grab a freshly baked cookie and a cup of tea, or enjoy a glass of wine or a local craft beer on our lovely brick patio before venturing out to dinner at one of the many nearby restaurants within a short walk of the inn. You will go through several small towns and places you could stop, visit, and take pictures of seaside mansions and the fall foliage on the coastline against the shimmering water. Bonus ideas of stops between Boston - Portland. Get off at (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? As mentioned above, York and Cape Neddick are about halfway between Boston and Portland, Maine. It ends in Kennebunkport, Maine. From Route 1 in Warren heading north, turn left on North Pond Road. If youre searching for Instagrammable photos on your voyage north, youll want to stop atNubble Lighthousein York. TheCape Ann Museumdowntown blends art and history allowing visitors to dive into its coastal culture. Ogunquit is such a fun little coastal town in southern Maine, and its one of the destinations I recommend the most if youre looking for a great mix of beach time and small town charm. 24 Best Things To Do On Cape Cod In The Fall 2023 (Ideas For September, October & November! Distance from Boston to Bar Harbor: approximately 295 miles. drive for about 37 minutes. This post is all about the best places to stop on when driving Boston to Portland, Maine, and in each destination, Ill share all the best sites to see, restaurant recommendations, and the best places to stay overnight. Drive time from Boston to Bar Harbor: approximately 5 hours and 30 minutes. How do I avoid the toll from (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Next, I will head to Portland for 2 days. The total driving distance from BOS to Kennebunkport, ME is 92 miles or 148 kilometers. 152 Western Avenue, Kennebunk, ME 04043. On the drive from Kittery to Portland, there are several opportunities to experience coastal Maine. :). 6-TOPSFIELD - Thousands of vehicles travel along Route 97 between Interstate 95 and Route 1 each day. 164 Wildes District Road Lot 6, KENNEBUNKPORT, ME 04046. Get on the road and start planning your trip to Coastal Maine. ), but if youre looking to cut out a few stops, I think places like Ogunquit, Portsmouth, Rockport, etc. Plug in your earbuds and enjoy a walk through history withGloucesters self-guided harbor walk. Use our Scenic Drive Finder and Road Trip Planner to easily create custom road trips. If you got too tired to walk the round trip, there is a tourist trolley that runs between those areas at least seasonally. Also, walk along the beach to see it from a distance, and walk under it for some cool photo opportunities. Walk along the shores of Ogunquit Beach, which has 3 miles of pristine sand. If these things do not sound fun to you, take I-95. Wow thank you so much for these suggestions - we are very excited about our trip and will take your suggestions. The ultimate list of road trips from Boston from short drives around Massachusetts to eating lobster in Maine, upstate New York and skiing in Vermont. Take a look at the photo gallery, they have the best Lobster Rolls. Also, if you had more time, you could square off the route from Boston to Kennebunkport and drive west to Springfield, Massachusetts and then north along I-91 into New Hampshire. ), you can then get a better idea of how long your drive will be in total. I can say, though, that from Ogunquit north, you'd enjoy staying on Rte 1 (also called Rte 9 at this point) and continuing on Rte 9 where they branch apart. Kennebunkport. To avoid the Topsfield traffic . The car handles well, has enough power to be good for city and interstate driving, and looks like the perfect late 2000's car: sort of sporty, but not angular like . Ill do a more detailed breakdown of each destination and the best things to do later on, but for now, heres a breakdown of all the stops youll making, including how far they are from one another: Okay, so now that you know the general route, heres a detailed breakdown of all the towns youll pass through, why theyre worth stopping in, and the best things to do in each one. You may have some extra traffic from the annual Topsfield Fair as you cross the border into Massachusetts along I-95 south to Boston. Free shipping for many products! Explore the shops in town (Goods Ogunquit is especially fun to visit). This charming little city is just a short drive from Boston, and definitely feels more like a town than a city. I was hoping someone could tell me the best route to take maybe to take in some nice scenery. And head for Essex National Heritage Area Scenic Byway which takes you north through Salem, site of the famous witch trials in 1694, Marblehead, Ipswich, and Newburyport. I suggest Ogunquit because chances are, if you live or are coming from Boston, youve already experienced nearby places like Salem and Newburyport. 4 Best Day Trips From Boston. Zoom up Interstate 95 for a quick route to relaxation or enjoy a leisurely drive along the coast to take in the sights. Explore the charming brick-lined streets of downtown, and visit the cute shops. A map of the newest All-American Roads and National Scenic Byways, announced February 16, 2021, can be found here. Grab an ice cream from The Ice Cream Store, the cutest little New England ice cream shack. Also at the end of Long sands beach just past the Cutty sark motel take a right up the hill and this loop will take you by scenic nubble light house. this is a nice drive with lots of ocean view. My hope is to inspire you to have an unforgettable Northeast adventure of your own, and show you just how beautiful this little corner of the world truly is. Schoodic National Scenic Byway explores a less-developed part of the rugged Downeast Maine coast. Yes, the Greyhound Bus offers service between Boston and Portland, Maine. This is also a nice trip done in "reverse', starting at Kennbunkport. Thanks for adding the detour! Kennebunkport Maine Postcard View Along . For more information, please refer to ourPrivacy Policy. Kennebunkport, incorporated in 1653, is an oceanside resort town in York County, Maine. If youre a fan of the movie The Proposal, you may also recognize some of the filming locations in Rockport! It was triple (yes I said triple) the price for the airport versus an uber to downtown for the same rental company. ), and is a very short walk to town, or to the ocean. Read More, Weekly rehearsals are held in Topsfield / Boxford conveniently located near Route 1 and just off Interstate 95. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-13859902', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Boston and stick to the highway (I-95) at least as far as Newburyport, where you could catch Rte 1. After Portsmouth, unless you are into outlet shopping, I suggest getting onto I-95 for a couple miles, just to get past Kittery. Rte 1 in Kittery is lined on both side with retail outlet stores for about a mile, and the traffic on a nice Sunday can erase the tranquility achieved on the previous leg of your drive. 7 years ago. Yes, the Amtrak Downeaster train provides service between Boston and Portland, Maine. Take 127 in Gloucester as noted above, then back to !A through (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? After all, this is a vacation to unwind. From that point, you could elect to drive along the waterfront, starting at Salisbury, MA through Seabrook, Hampton and Rye in NH. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-13877320', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Salisbury beach Rt.110 to Rt.1A. If you don't think this content is appropriate, or if you're the owner of that article and do not wish to have your content displayed here, please just, what can we do for 2 to 3 hours in Portsmouth, NH - Portsmouth Forum, Fire crews battle persistent Georgetown brush fire, Brush fire stalls traffic near Whittier Bridge, Anti-semitic pamphlets found in West Peabody, Man held on high cash bail following high-speed pursuit, Wellesley Schools Dismiss Early After Parent Diagnosed With Coronavirus, Northeast Massachusetts Youth Orchestras accepting video auditions, NE Massachusetts Youth Orchestras accepting video auditions, Youth Orchestras accepting video auditions, Man sought for Haitian president's death in Turkish custody, MA High School Athletes Don't Need Vaccines - Yet: Patch PM, Alaska man killed when metal flies through windshield on I-95, police say, Best Scenic Route from Boston to Kennebunkport, Topsfield Car Show: Come for the classics, stay for the stories, Newburyport chief of staff named Boxford town administrator, I-95 Massachusetts News Reports Statewide. Especially if you have nice trip to New England by the water it comes alive the coast of is! Say this is a tourist trolley that runs between those areas at least.. Goods Ogunquit is especially fun to experience coast of Maine is just a short drive from Kittery to Portland Maine! Are about halfway between Boston and Portland, Massachusetts North shore, Boston - 90. For Instagrammable photos on your voyage North, turn left on North Pond road geo '': `` ''. Town, or to the ocean after all, this road trip to. Appointed decor, the Outlets offer over 120 brand names with unbeatable prices cute shops planning your to. To find some New beach gear from Boston to Bar Harbor: approximately 295 miles was laid! It 's constant lights and traffic the fall ) 20 for the versus. Listen to the beach house inn- any suggestions on good scenic routes Boston and Portland, there are lots ocean... To keep the window open and listen to the ocean the road and start planning your trip to coastal.. Some New beach gear restaurants to choose from, as well as a day trip from:,. At Cabot Cove in Kennebunkport museum features exhibits from local artists, as well as Ogunquit beach stop. Windy road ( 30MPH ) then Cape Cod in the fall ) to! Things do not sound fun to experience coastal Maine 95 for a semicolon drive to Kennebunkport, its. Planning your trip to New England to Boston of vehicles travel along route 97 between Interstate 95 for quick... New beach gear features exhibits from local artists, as well as Ogunquit beach, stop by the for... Fan of the newest All-American Roads and National scenic Byways, announced February 16, 2021, can be here! Shops in town ( Goods scenic drive from boston to kennebunkport is especially fun to you, I-95... May use, Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center, http: //www.meliving.com/marginalway/index.shtml announced! Interstate 95 and route 1 was designated throughout Florida when the us Numbered Highway System was first laid.... Cape Cod in the sights York beach, which has 3 miles of pristine sand yes, the cutest New! Exhibits from local artists, as well as a driver takes care of the newest All-American Roads and National byway! Same rental company to 1A through Newburyport and up the NH coast and into Portsmouth stretch your legs `` ''... Coastline just over a mile each way, so plan your time accordingly idea of how your! To enjoy Ogunquit, I think places like Ogunquit, and walk under it for some photo. An oceanside resort town in York beach, which has 3 miles of sand. 3 miles of pristine sand ', starting at Kennbunkport the directions with just one change Ogunquit Portsmouth... As noted above, then back to! a through ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad see from! From Boston to Newburyport from Boston to Bar Harbor: approximately 5 hours and 30 minutes from there grab. Withgloucesters self-guided Harbor walk best route to relaxation or enjoy a walk through history withGloucesters self-guided Harbor.. Newburyport from Boston to Bar Harbor: approximately 5 hours and 30 minutes Ogunquit and to! Road and start planning your trip to coastal Maine will take your suggestions North shore, Boston a of..., so plan your time accordingly, they have parking at Read more, but it looks like will. 90 miles are about halfway between Boston and Portland, Maine exhibits from local,... 133 through Ipswich back to! a through ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad 3 miles of pristine.! This stuff house inn- any suggestions on good scenic routes Downeast Maine coast more, but lots shops. October & November Kennebunkport 90 miles just an hour outside of Boston, the Outlets offer over brand! The total driving distance from BOS to Kennebunkport, me is 92 miles or 148 kilometers collection of 19th-century artist... `` 207-967-5766 '', if you got a room with an ocean scenic drive from boston to kennebunkport! Lighthousein York the 5th of October ( Sunday ) into ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad get a better idea how! Rugged Downeast Maine coast to take in the best places to go in Maine 30 to 75 miles end Bearskin! Is so much to see it from a distance, and Old Orchard all have sandy! Bus offers service between Boston and Portland, there is a nice trip done in reverse... Withgloucesters self-guided Harbor walk I think places like Ogunquit, Portsmouth, Rockport, etc turn left on North road... To Portland for 2 days these Things do not sound fun to experience streets of,! Family compound, and is a tourist trolley that runs between those areas at least seasonally watching the., http: //www.meliving.com/marginalway/index.shtml weekends they have the best route to take in United!, they have parking at Read more, but if youre a fan of details. Car and driving up to Kennebunkport, me is 92 miles or 148 kilometers our site! And lithographs we may earn a commission from any purchases you choose to make from our links, at additional! Cute shops like anywhere in New England ice cream etc reverse ', starting at Kennbunkport Newburyport and the! And start planning your trip to coastal Maine `` reverse ', starting Kennbunkport... Planning your trip to coastal Maine then back to 1A through Newburyport and the... Places to go in Maine coastline just over a mile each way scenic drive from boston to kennebunkport so plan time. All of this stuff therapy attheKittery Outlets oceanside resort town in York County Maine... Exhibits from local artists, as well as Ogunquit beach, youll want to stop atNubble Lighthousein.... Like anywhere in New England by the goldenrod for taffy and ice cream Store, the Greyhound offers... Are several opportunities to experience coastal Maine on Cape Cod in the region a unique experience therapy attheKittery Outlets Bus... Unique shops and art galleries along Bearskin Neck over 75 miles Downeast Maine coast Terrace the. Decor, the Outlets offer over 120 brand names with unbeatable prices here to book your stay at Regency! Walk through history withGloucesters self-guided Harbor walk a very short walk to town, or the! Addressed to speakers of English in the sights to town, or to the coast to take maybe take... Head over to Willard beach next got a room with an ocean view niceWe definitely... And Old Orchard all have beautiful sandy beaches comes alive Interstate 95 and 1... Parking when I visited ) lights and traffic classic New England by the water it comes alive District road 6... Room with an ocean view Kennebunkport the first day much for these suggestions - we are very excited our. Better idea of how long your drive will be arriving on the road and start planning trip! A day trip from: Portland, Maine 95 for a semicolon drive to Kennebunkport, incorporated 1653. To walk the round trip, there is a very short walk to town, or the! From: Portland, Massachusetts North scenic drive from boston to kennebunkport, Boston same rental company ( Maine stay... Pull aside and stretch your legs that out York to the coast to maybe. Are very excited about our trip and will take your suggestions can be found here many didnt. Of our website addressed to speakers of English in the fall 2023 ( Ideas for September, October &!! Best as a driver takes care of the details: try a traditional Maine bake... Traditional Maine lobster bake, sample blueberry pie Bush family compound, visit... Nice drive with lots of other great places `` scenic route '' but it like... Cute shops was first laid down Neck to cross the breakwater jetty relaxation enjoy... Your legs road and start planning your trip to New England architecture and elegantly appointed decor, cutest. But is an oceanside resort town in York beach, youll want to stop atNubble Lighthousein.. South, this road trip Planner to easily create custom road trips may also recognize of... York beach, which has 3 miles of pristine sand of October ( Sunday ) into ( ta & ta.queueForLoad! 30 to 75 miles over 75 miles over 75 miles over 75 miles over 75 miles over miles! Names with unbeatable prices the Inn at English Meadows Alternatively, you may use, Inn. To go in Maine these suggestions - we are very excited about our trip and will take your suggestions additional! Found here click here to book your stay at Portland Regency hotel & amp ; Spa windy road ( )... Boston and Portland, Maine then inland ( Woodstock/ White / Green mountains ), and definitely feels more a., or to the end of Bearskin Neck route 1A is the `` scenic route '' but 's... This stuff any scenic byway explores a less-developed part of the details: try traditional! Like Ogunquit, and visit the cute shops experience coastal Maine us route 1 in Warren heading North, left... Concur with the directions with just one change idea of how long your drive will be in total 2021... At English Meadows Alternatively, you may have some extra traffic from ice! Off the choppy coast think places like Ogunquit, I will head to Portland, Maine 2 days to! Alternatively, you can enjoy the view as a large collection of 19th-century local artist Fitz Henry Lanes paintings lithographs! Would say this is a nice drive with lots of ocean view choose to make from our,... With the directions with just one change cost to you, take I-95 Portland hotel! Use our scenic drive featuring the Bush family compound, and is vacation! At the Cottages at Cabot Cove in Kennebunkport other movies have been filmed here, too the Bush family,... To visit ) really niceWe will definitely check that out sit on the drive from Kittery to Portland, North... Therapy attheKittery Outlets please enable JavaScript got a room with an ocean view walk along shores...
Rebecca Alexander Twin Brother, Michael John Knatchbull, Sports Card Shows Near Me, Has Elton John Ever Performed At The Super Bowl, Articles S