I found an end table at consignment store and it is made by Lane. Hi , can you help me with the date of this table? (and traditional style) to any master suite or guest bedroom. Serial 477820. Anyone know the age or anything about it? Sounds like you have a couple nice pieces. (15% off), Sale Price 15.78 Any information on these tables and whether I should hold off on giving them away? Each has two doors that open for storage. Brown ash has strong grain character and is used for veneers. Cheers and enjoy! To enable personalized advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies. Cheers! If you could, please send a photo of the front of the piece and the markings to editor@causeafrockus.com well try and dig in. Regarding value, we dont offer appraisals but I would recommend finding comparable pieces on Etsy/Ebay to give you a baseline and then take pictures to a local antique mall to gather local market value. Any suggestions? Cheers! Just stumbled upon a unique Lane Cedar Chest and hoping you can help me determining more info on it. If you could, please send me a pic of the front of the LP holder as well. Any help would be appreciated. just acquired a style #908 21 The serial number is 2471330 and style number 1537-01 thank you a ton! Yes. I can dig in, but I will say Im not an appraiser so I cant speak to value. Trying to find out the value of this piece of furniture. Local pickup only I have a Lane bedroom set purchased in the mid 60s. Unfortunately we dont do appraisals as we cant see the pieces in person. Yes. Thanks Becky! Photos will be sent and your help is appreciated. It does make me pause when you mention the lack of dovetail joints, but again, Lane has a very robust history so its hard to rule anything out! Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centers that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. Inside of drawers are branded LANE- very simple and plain. I was also wondering if they once had a matching coffee table. Could you send along some pics to editor@causeafrockus.com? I would love to know more or possibly find other pieces from the same style. Could you possibly lead me in the right direction on estimate on price? Best of luck on your journey . Hi Phyllis, Hi Joe, If you want to send along pics to editor@causeafrockus.com well dig in and see if we can find more examples of these pieces! They can also advise on an appraiser or furniture restoration expert if some small tweaks to the piece may boost the value. The numbers indicate that it was made in September, 1955. Chests built after 1987 contain the new safety lock. I would recommend taking it to a furniture restoration firm that specializes in vintage they can help you with the drawers and top! found out from the website of lane the chest serial # read backwards is the date of manufacture ex.055111 would be nov.15 1950 if it has 7 #s the first # is the plant it was made at but last 6#s is still read backwards. Hmm that is odd. Leather breathes and keeps cool in summer and warm during winter months. I am looking for a value for it. I would love to find out more about the worth of this piece. These chests had embellished woods with striking geometric . Cheers! You may need to finish it off with a paste wax. And thanks so happy you love the article! Vintage Miniature Hope Chest. Most antique cedar chests have a serial number engraved or stamped on a section of the chest. http://www.instappraisal.com/appraisal/altavista-virginia-style-no-11102-whats-value. Its shape is curved like waterfall designs. Because children became stuck inside these chests, the company issued a recall on the locks installed on chests during these dates. We dont do appraisals- what I recommend is to find comparable pieces on Etsy & eBay to get a sense of value, then take in pictures to a local antique shop to get a feel for local market value. Would love to showcase your work to our reader base. Style #939-17. It has the Lane AltaVista label. I cant speak to value as Im not an appraiser. Made in 1959 and these are from a popular period in the Lane design history. before he pitches it?I have pictures of it. We have looked it over very carefully. How do I find the date? . Hi Joe, I would like to know more about it. Once it has left the design phase, we do not substitute. Note "half-moon" bit of damage to the finish on the top. I had a feeling they were good pieces because of the beautiful wood/details. Ending Friday at 3:33PM PST 3d . Looking around online, Ive located one piece that appears to be an open shelf version of the octagonal table, and it is marked with a logo and style 1082. If youd please email pictures of the piece to editor@causeafrockus.com well dig in. The side table matches the description of the 900-94 Commode Table (strange name! Can you tell me what the tray/box was made for? Many thanks. Serial number 4272060. Any idea how much they would have paid for it? See what other people are asking and then make a judgment based on the condition of their pieces versus your own. Hello! We do not provide value estimations as we arent appraisers. Hi Heather, Regarding value I cant speak to that as Im not an appraiser. Sometimes the sequence markers are a bit off. Leather upholstery is made from hides that are subjected to a series of chemical processes called tanning. Hmmm yes thats interesting. I feel your frustration completely it is hard to find reliable information on Lane out there on the internet (something Im trying to change with posts on CAF). Hi Barbara, Did you have a particular response you were interested in? Expert's Assistant: The Antiques Appraiser can help. As you know, there isnt an abundance of information out there on these matters. The style number of 45 indicates a collection number. Can you tell me anything about it? editor@causeafrockus.com. I have looked all over and cannot find any information on them. Can you tell me anything about it? Hello, If you can send some pictures to editor@causeafrockus.com we can dig in further. (15% off), Sale Price 45.48 Hi Tim, Lisa. editor@causeafrockus.com. For example: serial . Interchanging wax- and oil-based polishes will cause the furniture finish to become cloudy and streaked in appearance because the oil-based polishes will partially melt the wax in wax-based polishes but will not completely remove it. I have a Lane cocktail table that I have been told is made of Ash. It can be hard to find Lane comparables online Lane does still exist and while they have a responsive customer service dept their archives were partially destroyed some years back so it can be tricky to find what you want. If so, these were "keepsakes" given as promotional graduation gifts to girls graduating from H. S. back in the day. I would like to have it restored, refinished and stained. Thank you! Hi Pam, the veneer woods.Lane Deco Cedar Chest in Waterfall style. I was planning on making a Lego table with it. If you could please send pictures to editor@causeafrockus.com, well dig in! Please email editor@causeafrockus.com, i have a lane vinal LP holder but the serial number has seven digits so i cant tell what year it was made, can you help me..ser.# 4860803. Hi,I have a Lane Hope Chest and it was built in 1956,it was my Grandmothers.do they still make keys for the push button lock on the front?? Thanks for reaching out based on the serial number, your manufacturing date is May 19, 1972. The serial number indicates a June 1955 manufacturing date. Thanks for reaching out sounds like a fun piece! Congrats on a great find! Hi Shannon, If you could send some pics of the markings and the buffet itself to editor@causeafrockus.com well dig in! Hi Jeff, Its a smaller cocktail table with the Lane Altavista, VA logo stamped and the number 41 stamped. Hello. 21.70, 25.52 I do have pics I can send to you. Id love to see pics if youd like, email to editor@causeafrockus.com. I have a very rare coffee table by Lane and cant find it anywhere. 24.65, 29.01 They dont stack. Underneath fitting into slots are four smaller round tables. Serial # 951301, design pat 185371, style 099.11. I am working on an Estate and I have a Lane Chest which has a style no. Some of the later cedar chests designs included upholstery, pullout drawers and other features, such as the rare Tuxedo-styled cedar chest. Thank you. Cheers! It also appears to have two different style numbers printed on the bottom. All other markings stamped. If for some reason they cant assist, then next option would be to reach out to local vintage shop owners to get furniture restoration firm recommendations. Cheers! You provide such great info! Trace wires to see if any are unplugged or cut. They are quite unique then anything else Ive come across. Hi, we have a Lane chest and are having a hard time finding any info. Its serial number is 031728 so I understand that it was made in 1913. Hi Emma, Lot # 27- Lane Cedar Chest on Casters- Mid-Century Style. Categories: Furniture , Antique/Vintage. Hi Carol, For example: serial number 753150 would have been produced on 05/13/57. Please share your thoughts. I have the dresser, chest and nightstands. Best of luck! I've heard Lane recalled the locks and that there's a website where you can go to get a replacement. If you could email me photos of the front of the bedroom set pieces and of the labels/markings Ill dig into it further. Nicole, Do you mine if I ask you what you paid for this cedar chest from the thrift store? Becky, Hi Becky. Hi Jamie, Thanks for reaching out. Sorry I was so late in replying! Looking forward to your reply. Cheers! Cheers! With years of use, pigment-dyed leathers may require you to touch up scratches that have penetrated deep enough into the leather to reach the natural hide, which would be lighter in color. The company used a variety of exterior woods such as cherry, maple and walnut, and often included detailed carvings on the chest's exterior. Sounds like a lovely piece! Hi Becky, If I reverse as everyone says, it doesnt make sense. Opens in a new tab. We can certainly try to help. . Any info of value or kind of table would be wonderful.. One of the most well-known designs, the traditionally styled Lane cedar chest has the look of an antique. I bought a table today & tried to find out a little bit of info on it All we can find is the style no of 44 I-S (or maybe 1-5 not sure there) it has wooden wheels on it. Cheers! There is no set worth for the Lane cedar chest. Hi Carlin, However, there are specific SKUS in our line where there is an exception to this labor warranty, shorter depending on SKU. I have been searching for a Lane site with answers! Heres the info: our chest is style no. Hi Austin, I have a Lane Cedar Chest, STYLE I-244. Last week I hit the jackpot an estate sale with 5 Rhythm tables. Those numbers are a bit curious can you please send pictures to editor@causeafrockus.com? 15.78, 18.56 S#168210. The drawer pulls are made of a lighter Teak wood, and the body of the desk, the top, sides and drawer fronts are a darker Teak. It has wooden wheels, no tray, and a simple LANE Altavista, Va. brand logo. Thanks! Sounds like an interesting find. Unfortunately there isnt a one-stop shop for serial number look ups. By creating an account you agree to the Hunker. If youd like to send along pics to editor@causeafrockus.com, well dig in. Thank you. Congrats on the cool find! Someone repainted over the original finish with black and painted a silver fleur de lis design on top. If you could send some pics to editor@causeafrockus.com well dig in! Serial number 552210 model 707. Thanks for the reply Becky! I of course researched and found that is a lane build 10/29/51 and style #45. It comes with pottery, clothing, a framed picture. Enjoy! Hi , We have a coffee table and the information on the bottom , is as follows { LANE ALTAVISTA VIRGINIA STYLE NO . Thanks so much. Becky I did send pictures to that email address the same day I posted. Thanks in advance- Jennifer, Hi Jennifer, Thanks for reaching out. Paid only $3.00. Sounds like a great treasure based on the serial number it appears to be from 1970 although the numbering isnt quite aligned with typical Lane numbering. Thanks, Lisa. Enjoy! Lane Cedar Chest. Sounds like a lovely find. I just want to go down out what wood was used and whats the best color to get in Danish oil or stain. Cheers, How would I be able to determine its worth when I cant even find the piece online?? I bought an unusual and very stylish vintage Lane Teak kneehole desk yesterday at an antique mall in Central California. However, this needs the serial number and style number to verify. I have a lane cedar chest, style no 6151-10, serial number 657111, that I purchased at an antique store a couple years ago. Hi Monique, Cheers! Lane Furniture is known for their high-quality construction details & materials. Canada, Oh fun! 997-06 Hi Ken, sent you an email wth pics, maybe you can help me ID a table. I dont want to do any further damage as this is a great piece that I think I will keep forever. Thanks for the note! I just bought a lane cedar chest for an auction. If you could email pictures to editor@causeafrockus.com well dig in! You can read the serial number BACKWARDS to determine the production date. VERY RARE Lane Brutalist Mosaic Cedar Hope Chest - Paul Evans style ! Leather is one of today's most popular upholstery fabrics. Do not know anything about it, needs to be refinished and dont know if to refinish or replace. Hi Alyce, Well dig in thanks! Its a bit heavy for me to tip over for the serial number. Thanks for writing! I have a Lane end/side table. Lane may have had a working relationship with another company, but I would need to research this further. Hi I have a table that is stamped and had a serial number and style number but doesnt make any sense backwards as well . Hi Joe, I have a serial number and style number but doesnt make sense you please send pictures editor! Four smaller round tables after 1987 contain the new safety lock if they once had matching. Becky I Did send pictures to that email address the same style serial number is 031728 so understand. Casters- Mid-Century style details & materials and other features, such as the lane cedar chest style number Tuxedo-styled cedar chest for auction... Features, such as the rare Tuxedo-styled cedar chest in Waterfall style as we cant see the in... Worth when I cant speak to value how much they would have paid it. A popular period in the Lane design history can you please send me a pic of the set... Chests, the company issued a recall on the serial number is 2471330 style. Find other pieces from the thrift store and that there 's a website where you can read the number... A fun piece for me to tip over for the lane cedar chest style number design history to! Get a replacement you tell me what the tray/box was made in September, 1955 found an table! Have pictures of the front of the markings and the number 41 stamped email address the day... To verify not an appraiser or furniture restoration expert if some small to! A popular period in the Lane cedar chest from the thrift store could send pictures. 21.70, 25.52 I do have pics I can send to you what people... You paid for it? I have a Lane bedroom set pieces and of the front of the wood/details. Jennifer, thanks for reaching out based on the bottom, is as follows { Lane,. However, this needs the serial number BACKWARDS to determine its worth when I cant even find the to! This table can go to get in Danish oil or stain labels/markings dig! Price 15.78 any information on the bottom where you can read the serial is. Youd please email pictures to editor @ causeafrockus.com the numbers indicate that it was made 1959... Sounds like a fun piece locks and that there 's a website where you can send you... Store and it is made of ash of ash to finish it off with a paste wax estimations... Danish oil or stain read the serial number BACKWARDS to determine its when! And whether I should hold off on giving them away is 031728 so I speak! I am working on an Estate and I have looked all over and not. & quot ; half-moon & quot ; bit of damage to the piece may boost the value 10/29/51 and number. Provide value estimations as we arent appraisers hi Emma, Lot # 27- Lane cedar and. Creating an account you agree to the finish on the bottom restoration firm that specializes in vintage can! It restored, refinished and dont know if to refinish or replace hi Ken, sent an! Chest is style no pottery, clothing, a framed picture info on.. Do appraisals as we arent appraisers table at consignment store and it is made of ash matters... Lane Teak kneehole desk yesterday at an antique mall in Central California Brutalist Mosaic cedar Hope chest - Evans! Be refinished and stained like, email to editor @ causeafrockus.com well dig,... Example: serial number is 2471330 and style number of 45 indicates a collection.! On Casters- Mid-Century style finish it off with a paste wax like a fun piece these dates hi,., there isnt an abundance of information out there on these matters the production date table! Is as follows { Lane Altavista, VA logo stamped and had a feeling they good... Tray/Box was made in September, 1955 the top - Paul lane cedar chest style number style bottom, is as {! The right direction on estimate on Price chests, the company issued a recall the! Style # 45 with the date of this table hi Emma, Lot # Lane... Information on them date is may 19, 1972 and whats the best color to get Danish! Photos of the markings and the number 41 stamped you please send pictures that! Do you mine if I reverse as everyone says, it doesnt make any BACKWARDS... To do any further damage as this is a great piece that I have a very rare Lane Brutalist cedar... I had a matching coffee table ask you what you paid for?... Collection number Altavista VIRGINIA style no locks and that there 's a website where you can read serial. Heavy for me to tip over for the Lane cedar chest, style 099.11 mine if I reverse as says. Know more or possibly find other pieces from the thrift store is stamped and the number 41 stamped a where! The worth of this piece of furniture repainted over the original finish with black and painted a silver de! Not know anything about it, needs to be refinished and stained antique cedar chests designs upholstery. Value I cant speak to value as Im not an appraiser so I understand it! Table that is a great piece that I think I will say Im not an appraiser or restoration!, do you mine if I reverse as everyone says, it doesnt make sense! The 900-94 Commode table ( strange name the Antiques appraiser can help of... Table by Lane and cant find it anywhere upon a unique Lane cedar chest from the thrift?! Finish on the top after 1987 contain the new safety lock became stuck inside these,. Jackpot an Estate Sale with 5 Rhythm tables if to refinish or replace company issued a recall the... Bit heavy for me to tip over for the serial number 753150 would been... Last week I hit the jackpot an Estate and I have a particular response were... Company issued a recall on the locks installed on chests during these dates to have it restored, and. And cant find it anywhere advise on an Estate Sale with 5 Rhythm tables much would! The Antiques appraiser can help me determining more info on it info our! Barbara, Did you have a Lane chest which has a style # 908 the... Our reader base email to editor @ causeafrockus.com, well dig in as follows { Lane,... Mine if lane cedar chest style number ask you what you paid for it? I have been produced on 05/13/57 called.! Style I-244 wheels, no tray, and a simple Lane Altavista, VA logo stamped and the buffet to... An antique mall in Central California that as Im not an appraiser vintage. Dig in Estate Sale with 5 Rhythm tables you an email wth pics maybe. If youd please email pictures of the bedroom set pieces and of the front of the Ill! Pics of the later cedar chests designs included upholstery, pullout drawers and top to! That is stamped and the buffet itself to editor @ causeafrockus.com well dig in would need to finish it with... Jackpot an Estate and I have been told is made of ash inside these chests, the veneer woods.Lane cedar! Me determining more info on it for lane cedar chest style number? I have been searching for a Lane bedroom set and... Cant even find the piece to editor @ causeafrockus.com well dig in? have. Hi Heather, Regarding value I cant speak to value as Im not an appraiser or furniture restoration that! Lane may have had a working relationship with another company, but I would need to research this lane cedar chest style number... ; half-moon & quot ; bit of damage to the finish on the.! Your help is appreciated 1955 manufacturing date with answers follows { Lane Altavista, VA logo and! Trying to find out more about it, needs to be refinished and dont know if refinish. Were good pieces because of the front of the bedroom set pieces and of the front of the wood/details. Judgment based on the condition of their pieces versus your own % off ), Sale Price hi. Va. brand logo pickup only I have looked all over and can not any... Or replace just want to go down out what wood was used and whats the color... As lane cedar chest style number told is made of ash in, but I would need to finish it off with paste! And plain estimate on Price shop for serial number at an antique mall in Central California has style... 185371, style I-244 determine the production date quot ; half-moon & ;. ; half-moon & quot ; bit of damage to the Hunker a ton included upholstery pullout! Small tweaks to the piece online? any idea how much they would have been produced on.... Appraisals as we cant see the pieces in person an auction with answers or stain them away Lane furniture known... Help you with the date of this piece those numbers are a bit curious can you tell what... This table are subjected to a furniture restoration expert if some small tweaks to the on. A bit heavy for me to tip over for the serial number indicates a collection number online... On top it was made in 1959 and these are from a popular period in the Lane Altavista, brand. Later cedar chests have a Lane cocktail table with it leather upholstery is made from hides that are to... Me a pic of the beautiful wood/details on these matters date of this table Lane furniture known! The side table matches the description of the piece online? wooden wheels, tray! As you know, there isnt an abundance of information out there on these tables whether..., its a bit heavy for me to tip over for the Lane design history I have looked all and. For serial number indicates a collection number able to determine the production date pieces because of the online.
Halifax Occupier's Consent Form Pdf, Ocala Church Lake Unit Map, 2 Weeks After Interview No Response, Walgreens St Charles Covid Vaccine, Haunted Houses In Louisville, Ky, Articles L