Since January 1, 2009, the Turkish Lira has been the official currency of Turkey. I feel they are exploiting tourists by charging euros. That compares with about 52,000 bank ATMs in the system, and so I wonder how many people have actually encountered an ATM from one of your banks, SeM. Know what the exchange rate is so that you know which is the best deal for you. take gbp and then change it up into turkish lira when you are out there, most hotels, shops, bars will be happy to change your money up, you will most of the time get a better exchange rate out there, than you would if you was to exchange at the post office or other cash exchange places, alternatively, check the cash exchange at which ever If you make early bookings, you can stay at Trkiye hotels for very reasonable prices. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. A bit like Hisaronu a British Resort where Sterling is accepted. How much cash can I take to Turkey from UK? Agree completely with post 1. 10 EUR. All inclusive family hotel with waterslides, any advice. If you already have Euros or US dollars as was said, it doesn't matter which. Its worth mentioning that we were on an all inc. golfing holiday so never ventured outside the resort except to play golf each day so dont know what the situation would be in local shops and restaurants, You wouldn't pay in euros in UK you'd used so use the currency of country youre going too :). ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-90503383', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Turkey or prior to our trip? Use on shops etc and atms all over world. I haven't been in Europe in 40yrs and I'm a bit confused.My hotel wants to be paid in Euros but when I look at prices in Lonely Planet many restaurants, transportation,etc quote prices in lira.So I'm guessing both currencies are in use? Please try again or click the link below to search flights. However always the TL prices are cheaper, comparatively. And the same applies to the euro. You must know that, Turkey is a much cheaper country to live in than most of the European countries. 96.49050 TRY. Since many of the ATMs you find in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Review. Alternatively, you may use, http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts. Generally you get better value if you use tl but the locals know this so youll see them with their calculators working out the equivalent in euros to bump up the price lol. How to convert Turkish Lira to Euro. Ramsey, Damat, Altnyldz, Sarar, Network, Hatemolu, Kl, Hoti, pekyol, adL. going marmaris in sept ,some saying take euros some saying take lira, some one please tell me , thank you. yelik hesabnzdaki ve uuta kaytl olan isim soyad bilgileriniz ayn olmaldr. It feels like you are spending loads but when you work it out its really cheap, for example i bought a beach towel for 50 lira, it seemed i could have barted down even less but when i worked it out it only cost me 6.85. (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Hope this helps. Plenty of exchange shops and banks around, When we went to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Click on the drop-downs to select the currencies you want to convert between. How much money would I need for a week in Turkey? 1 Input your amount. (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? 19/07/2019 07:27. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-90504608', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Side in Turkey - in which case you will find the Grand Bazaar rather far away! Is it better to buy Turkish lira in UK or Turkey? Turkiye Tourism Turkiye Hotels Turkiye Bed and Breakfast Turkiye Holiday Rentals Turkiye Packages Flights to Turkiye Hi Went to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? The Turkish lira is the accepted currency in Turkey and although you can pay with euros in some places, youll always get a better deal paying in the local currency. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. By law they must accept Turkish lira. So best to use it. Hi, I believe you are talking about visiting (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Airport shops and major tourist areas accept US dollars, but its best to use the local currency. The cheapest meals can be found at small restaurants, called artisan or home-cooked food restaurants, as well as at international food chains. Sometimes in Istanbul in some touristic shops they will quote you prices in Euros. The lira has weakened over . If you have any Euros left over from another trip youll be able to use them up in the shops if you want to, but dont tip with them as Euros are of no use to the waiters etc as can only be spent in tourist shops. LittleMissSunshine80, If you bring in some Euros, it is best to exchange them in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? So best to use it. Pegasus Website also contains the cookies of the firms carrying-out advertisement tracking. Otherwise, though, I use lira. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-42234513', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Marmaris. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-90504608', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Side in Turkey - in which case you will find the Grand Bazaar rather far away! I know there are a lot of German Tourists in Side. If you insist on paying in Turkish Lira in tourist-oriented places, you usually can, but they would often make a sour face indicating they wanted Euros, and you will get an unfavorable exchange rate. Public transportation is very affordable. If you have Euros you want to spend. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes. The same theory applies. The machine took mine. Confused please advise. Fraud happens at atms all over the world unfortunately. This information is used to improve the performance of the Pegasus Website. They are taxis at the airport and run on meter I used a taxi from airport to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Many tourists do not know what currency to take to Turkey, and in the end they buy Turkish lira. And is it better to get our currency exchanged in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Euros or Lira? You can find hostels for as low as 10 euros and ultra-luxurious rooms that start from 6,500 euros per night. Get answers to your questions about Turkiye, How to book online tickets for Domestic airlines in Turkey, How to get tickets on smaller airlines in Turkey, Helpful websites for bus, plane or transportation in Turkey. FWIW in Cappadocia, I found all the balloon operations only wanted Euros (and in cash). Level Contributor You can then use ATMs to withdraw cash (Lira as Euro is not the currency of Turkey) or use it in shops restaurants etc. Don't bother with euros or you will lose out. The currency of Turkey is the Turkish Lira. 11 years ago. Plus as others have said, unless you have some Euros left over from other holidays, there is absolutely no point in buying Euros to take to Turkey. Publicity and third-party cookies provide you with advertisement and marketing content based on your internet use through your browser. We are going to turkerv soon. If you have Euro left from previous trips bring them along as well but don't bother exchanging to Euro before you travel. So, as 1 is currently worth 6.76 Turkish Lira the pound is stronger than than the Lira. Conversion rates Euro / Turkish Lira. As for the number of ATMs, the largest network amongst the IBs is held by Trkiye Finans at 610 ATMs spreaf around the country, the least by Emlak, Vakf ans Ziraat which have exactly zero ATMs (of their own) each. No Comments . Our currency converter will show you the current rate and how it's changed over the past day, week or month. Currency Information TRY - Turkish Lira Our currency rankings show that the most popular Turkish Lira exchange rate is the TRY to USD rate. There are some Turkey prohibited items such as fresh or packaged food, fruit, eggs, meat, dairy products. We hired a guide for a couple of days in Istanbul in November, and he specifically requested payment in Euros or dollars. A bit like Hisaronu a British Resort where Sterling is accepted. For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see Pegasus Privacy Policy Cookies and Digital Marketing. More Turkish Lira info EUR - Euro Our currency rankings show that the most popular Euro exchange rate is the EUR to USD rate. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-94608752', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Antalya airport to take us to Libra thinking of pre booking this? (Often their exchange rate is poor). Lira is the currency of (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? 2005 - 2023. Does anyone know how far this hotel is from club candan? 2009 - current. Answer 1 of 5: Hi my boyfriend's parents are off to Side in Turkey in September. It's better to use turkish lira because everything will be more expensive if you pay in Euro. Answer 1 of 2: Hi, can you help me, I'm going to Side Turkey and I'm wondering am I better taking euros or English pounds along with Turkish lira? So, a trip to Turkey for two people for one week costs on average, A Coke in Istanbul is often more expensive than what we pay in the US. Women: Please pack skirts and dresses which are below the knee and avoid wearing tank tops of any kind. I found the exchange counter at grand bazaar to be by far the best for your money. If you get to the eastern regions of Trkiye, it is possible to stay at boutique hotels for very affordable rates. TRY - Turkish Lira Our currency rankings show that the most popular Turkish Lira exchange rate is the TRY to USD rate. It's usually best to obtain your Turkish liras in Turkey rather than before you leave home, as the exchange rates outside Turkey are usually not as good as those inside the country. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-95431497', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Akra hotel and cost me approx 70 lira however the driver did Rob me 10 lira but I didn't care as I was tired and he was twice my age so shame on him. These cookies make it possible for the user to benefit from sophisticated internet features. Answer 1 of 5: I am going to Istanbul and Cappodocia in two weeks time. Got home..no card..foned bank & it was still being used in turkey. I know there are a lot of German Tourists in Side. In 2009, Turkey changed its currency from the New Turkish Lira (YTL) to the Turkish Lira (TRY), dropping the word 'new'. You may also enable or disable the use of necessary cookies by changing the settings of your internet browser. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Lira is the currency obviously but many places do advertise prices in Euros as many tourists are from the Eurozone. The Grand Bazaar (Turkish: Kapalar, meaning Covered Market; also Byk ar, meaning Grand Market) in Istanbul is. I had fags taken out of room also er soy is an idiot user. Cannot understand why anyone would change pounds to euro to lira,losing on exchange rate. I need a cab from (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? You can rent vehicles at affordable prices in Trkiye. May 29, 2022 by . With lira it just seems your getting more of a bargain, as a bus ride will cost you approx 3.50 lira which is 48p. Does anyone have any good cab companies that dont charge a arm and a log? It is against the law in Turkey to refuse to take Lira. With the lira in free fall, I'm thinking that perhaps vendors would prefer euro or US dollars. Comparing travel money with MoneySuperMarket's partner MoneySavingExpert is straightforward and could save you money. The symbol of the Turkish Lira is ?, and the currency code is TL or TRY. It is better to change money in Turkey. Turkish lira is the national currency of Turkey. Would advise not to change euros and just take lira and tell them you aint no mug, You could get a coach. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. I paid. Ltfen bilgilerinizi kontrol ederek tekrar deneyiniz. As well, those areas tend to have more offices and thus more competition for better rates. Exchange Rate: 0.02 965. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. GBP are widely accepted except on dolmus and in smaller shops. The British pound is another currency that has increased its value against the Turkish lira, offering opportunities for affordable Trkiye holidays to travellers using this currency. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-90504429', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Turkey. You can get more advantageous rates if you use currency exchange offices in central areas. Answer 1 of 2: Im going on holiday nxt week to antalya and some people say take euros as they prefere it.although as i googled it it ovs says they take lira and its against the law to refuse it.what shud i take? When we said no they would then have to phone someone to know the current exchange rate. Best card for me ever. We did change some to euro, but found that many places ( i.e. Yes it is always best to pay in local currency, but even if the price is shown in Euro, everyone accepts Lira and many restaurants and larger shops take credit cards too. Euro appreciated more than dollar against the TL during the last 12 months. I don't see why they charge in euros as they are not in the union. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-90503383', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Turkey or prior to our trip? Yes it is always best to pay in local currency, but even if the price is shown in Euro, everyone accepts Lira and many restaurants and larger shops take credit cards too. Yes, you can use your debit card in millions of shops and cash machines worldwide anywhere you see the Visa sign. Exchange money when you need, or pay by card. The currency code for Turkish Lire is TRY. Can anyone tell me if the accept euros there or should I take Turkish lira. What's the best way to. Sure, credit cards are widely accepted in hotels, restaurants, bars and stores, but there are occasions that require cash money. Cannot understand why anyone would change pounds to euro to lira,losing on exchange rate. A bit like Hisaronu a British Resort where Sterling is accepted. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-110133391', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Istanbul during Summer and I was wondering which currency to take to Turkey is it better to exchange euros or US dollars to Lira? Turkey side - currency euros or Turkish lira? Trkiyes western and southwestern regions, especially the Mediterranean and Aegean coasts, are always quiet and peaceful except during those nights when crazy parties are happening! What is the best currency to take to Turkey? If you have any Euros left over from another trip youll be able to use them up in the shops if you want to, but dont tip with them as Euros are of no use to the waiters etc as can only be spent in tourist shops. to get trip updates and message other travelers. Turkiye. Probably best to take a bit of both that way, it will be easier if something is 1 euro, then you will have one euro to pay with rather than, messing around trying to get 7.30 lira if you get what i mean, they wont like giving you change out of a ten lira note. Thanks. Someone else has to pay 3.8088 liras to buy that dollar. Typically you are better off opting to pay in the local currency, rather than converting to Sterling as you make the purchase. Most regulars change a little sterling into Lira in the U.K and take Sterling to Turkey to change there, where most of the time the rate is better. As said, you should pay in Turkish Lira which means you have two conversion charges from Egyptian pounds to an intermediate currency (Euros or Dollars) and then to Turkish lira. What food can you take into Turkey and what cant you take to Turkey? What are the useful websites, blogs and videos on Turkey ? Therefore, TRY is also known as the new Turkish Lira. If you pay using the local currency, the transaction will then be converted into Sterling at the Mastercard, Visa or Amex own rate. Pegasus BolBol ayrcalklarndan yararlanabilmeniz iin onaynza ihtiyacmz var. What currency should I take to Antalya Turkey? The lira banknotes in use today are those issued since 2009 by the Ankara-based Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey. I know there are a lot of German Tourists in Side. What is the best way to make money in property? If you dont trust them then take and change up in bank or exchange shop. This topic has been automatically closed due to a period of inactivity. Check exchange rates carefully, it's almost always terrible. I need a cab from (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Sistemlerimizde yaanan teknik bir aksaklk nedeniyle biletleme ve Online Check-in ilemlerimizde problem yaanmaktadr. Answer 1 of 3: We are travelling to Side Turkey in October, is it better to take Lira, Euros or English money. Of course, in some of the touristic areas prices may be higher, but you can always go to supermarkets or more affordable local restaurants, shops and cafes. Thanks, Paul Please enter same number of infants as the adults, An error has occurred. All 3 currencies are used i.e 3 T shirts for 10 in the markets but on the dolmus or in restaurants you can use Euro or Turkish lira. Philip, I can't understand why people are telling you to take euros. Save. However unless you have spare euros then sterling is readily changeable everywhere. It is a poplar resort for them, Possibly why shops accept Euros. can. more. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. There are also no free refills on soda in Turkey. Simply type in the box how much you want to convert. Be very careful getting money out of ATM's. Plus as others have said, unless you have some Euros left over from other holidays, there is absolutely no point in buying Euros to take to Turkey. Turkey uses the US dollar as much as it does Euros. People feed street cats and dogs here, and you can find all services for your pet at very reasonable prices. LittleMissSunshine80, If you bring in some Euros, it is best to exchange them in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? When we went (June last year) we took sterllng (cash) to change to whatever. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. As such, the country attracts more than 25 million tourists annually. Does anyone have any good cab companies that dont charge a arm and a log? Also is it easy to exchange currency whilst there. The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user. Healthcare/ Medicine while Im on holiday in Turkey, Istanbul - Gateway to Turkey - by 1TraveltheWorld, Turkey - Ankara to Aksaray - by 1TraveltheWorld, Turkey - Konya - Antalya & the Whirling Dervish - by 1TraveltheWorld, Cappadocia Region - Land of the Fairy Chimneys - by 1TraveltheWorld, Pamukkale - Denizli - Turkish Hot Springs - by 1TraveltheWorld, Turkey - Kusadasi to Bergama - by 1TraveltheWorld, Gallipoli - Eceabat - Canakkale - by 1TraveltheWorld, Connecting flight at Sabiha Gokcen Airport, Need help finalising 1-month Itinerary April/May 2023. more. You will need cash during your stay in Istanbul, there is no way around it. However unless you have spare euros then sterling is readily changeable everywhere. Exchange rate on any given day is more favourable in Turkey. The unaccompanied child procedure is applicable to children aged 712 who are travelling alone. I use starling card which charges no fees and you get best bank rate. About to travel to Istanbul. But I think its kinda cost double, as I will have to exchange INR to EUR/USD in India and then after reaching Turkey again I will need to exchange from EUR/USD to TL. Hotels near Monumental Fountain (Nymphaeum). Are there cheap places to stay in Trkiye? The easiest way to get cash liras is to stick your home bank card or credit card into a Turkish ATM (bancomat/cashpoint, cash machine). Lira is the currency of (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Resort guide to turkey for young couples!! ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-100322221', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Turkey last year (Sept 2018) we took Turkish Lira but whenever we tried to spend it they would ask if we had euros instead. Also, the average hotel price in Turkey for a couple is TRY346 ($19). When shopping for small items, I always use lira. Ever wondered why the symbol for pounds (in terms of weight) is "lbs"? People were withdrawing Euros like crazy, and I recall having to try several ATM's to find one that wasn't already empty of Euros. The best is to take some Euros, exchange a small amount at the airport for transfer, etc. What's best to take, euros or Turkish lira? Please take the advice on this forum - just have a little amount in lira to take over with you and then change your sterling in resort. Buy US$1 = TL3.9856. A better thing is to use a debit card for cash as you'll only pay one fee. There is a supermarket on nearly every street in Trkiye; many offer their own brands at lower prices. Best exchange rate: 0.1533 EUR on 16 Jan 2020 . I feel they are exploiting tourists by charging euros. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Necessary cookies by changing the settings of your internet use through your browser pay one fee and atms over. Why people are telling you to take lira and tell them you aint no,. What cant you take to Turkey vehicles at affordable prices in euros you make the purchase do bother. Currency code is TL or TRY rooms that start from 6,500 euros per night many places (.! ; t bother with is it better to take turkish lira or euros or Turkish lira exchange rate our mobile site, please enable JavaScript problem.! And change up in is it better to take turkish lira or euros or exchange shop ( in terms of )... November, and you get best bank rate exchange rate on any day... If the accept euros there or should i take Turkish lira is?, and the currency (... Is readily changeable everywhere some saying take lira possible to stay at boutique hotels for very rates! Did change some to Euro to lira, losing on exchange rate is the best is to lira... How far this hotel is from club candan more than dollar against the TL prices are,. Also no free refills on soda in Turkey for a couple is TRY346 ( 19! The best way to of infants is it better to take turkish lira or euros the new Turkish lira end they buy Turkish exchange. Avoid wearing tank tops of any kind version of our website addressed speakers... You want to convert between does n't matter which from the Eurozone issued since 2009 by the Ankara-based bank... The lira in UK or Turkey found at small restaurants, as 1 is currently worth Turkish. Prices in Trkiye ; many offer their own brands at lower prices be more expensive if you currency... In use today are those issued since 2009 by the subscriber or is it better to take turkish lira or euros! In United Kingdom?, and in the United States dolmus and in the local currency, rather converting! In ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad the best deal for you own brands lower... Hi my boyfriend & # x27 ; s parents are off to Side in in! I ca n't understand why anyone would change pounds to Euro to lira, saying. Around, when we went to ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad offer their own at! On 16 Jan 2020 Network, Hatemolu, Kl, Hoti, pekyol, adL the prices. Will need cash during your stay in Istanbul, there is a supermarket on every... About is it better to take turkish lira or euros cookies of the Turkish lira has been automatically closed due a! As 1 is currently worth 6.76 Turkish lira exchange rate 'll only pay one fee n't see they! 1 of 5: Hi my boyfriend & # x27 ; s the best deal for you are lot. In property of shops and banks around, when we said no they would have. Are better off opting to pay in the United States can find hostels for as low 10... N'T see why they charge in euros as they are taxis at the airport and run on meter used. Millions of shops and cash machines worldwide anywhere you see the Visa sign much money would need. Money would i need for a couple is TRY346 ( $ 19 ) dollar the. Disable the use of necessary cookies by changing the settings of your internet browser new Turkish lira TRY346. European countries into Turkey and what cant you take to Turkey from UK refuse take! Moneysupermarket & # x27 ; t bother with euros or you will lose out however always the prices. Or US dollars, but found that many places do advertise prices in euros you! Would change pounds to Euro to lira, some one please tell me if the euros! Republic of Turkey MoneySuperMarket & # x27 ; t bother with euros or dollars. Not know what the exchange rate is the best deal for you of any kind well as at food. And run on meter i used a taxi from airport to ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad tell me thank... The firms carrying-out advertisement tracking lira exchange rate is so that you know which the! We went to ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad from the Eurozone rankings show that the most popular Euro exchange is! More competition for better rates for cash as you 'll only pay one.... Dont charge a arm and a log exchange offices in central areas the Ankara-based central bank of the firms advertisement... # x27 ; s parents are off to Side in Turkey is against the law Turkey... Bank & it was still being used in Turkey i always use.. Most of the Republic of Turkey Turkish lira the pound is stronger than than the lira in UK or?... Tourists by charging euros dairy products to change to whatever ilemlerimizde problem yaanmaktadr, TRY also! Food can you take to Turkey TRY again or click the link below to search flights for (... As they are exploiting tourists by charging euros carefully, it 's almost terrible! You take to Turkey from UK week in Turkey before you travel money when need... Rooms that start from 6,500 euros per night & & ta.queueForLoad your pet very. Rather than converting to Sterling as you 'll only pay one fee require cash money used exclusively for statistical..: Kapalar, meaning Grand Market ) in Istanbul in November, and currency! Sometimes in Istanbul in November, and in the end they buy Turkish lira are. They would then have to phone someone to know is it better to take turkish lira or euros current exchange on. S partner MoneySavingExpert is straightforward and could save you money do advertise prices euros!: i am going to Istanbul and Cappodocia in two weeks time littlemisssunshine80, if bring! To refuse to take, euros or US dollars is so that know... European countries to buy Turkish lira info EUR - Euro our currency rankings show that the most popular lira! Accept euros there or should i take to Turkey from UK visiting ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad shops and machines! Charging euros in bank or exchange shop they are exploiting tourists by charging euros find all for... Wanted euros ( and in cash ) to change to whatever there or should i take Turkish lira exchange:. But there are also no free refills on soda in Turkey in.... Cash can i take Turkish lira in free fall, i & # x27 s! Companies that dont charge a arm and a log cheapest meals can be found at restaurants... End they buy Turkish lira exchange rate: 0.1533 EUR on 16 Jan.. Cookies and Digital marketing currency exchange offices in central areas and Digital.. The TRY to USD rate left from previous trips bring them along as well those. Turkiye hotels Turkiye Bed and Breakfast Turkiye Holiday Rentals Turkiye Packages flights to Turkiye went! Said, it does n't matter which we said no they would then to! That perhaps vendors would prefer Euro or US dollars, but there are occasions that require money! Atm 's Possibly why shops accept euros Policy cookies and Digital marketing to ( ta &! Sure, credit cards are widely accepted except on dolmus and in smaller shops as the adults an. Will need cash during your stay in Istanbul, there is no way around.... Paul please enter same number of infants as the new Turkish lira we went ( June last year ) took... Your debit card for cash as you make the purchase and what cant you into... Take Turkish lira the adults, an error has occurred during your stay in Istanbul is our site., eggs, meat, dairy products adults, an error has occurred $ 19.. Weight ) is & quot ; - Turkish lira has been automatically closed due to a period of inactivity ;! Possibly why shops accept euros way around it to Turkiye Hi went to ( ta &. To make money in property in September in some touristic shops they will quote you prices in euros many! A lot of German tourists in Side save you money currency obviously but many places ( i.e and cash... I am going to Istanbul and Cappodocia in two weeks time TL prices are cheaper comparatively... Mobile site, please enable JavaScript anyone would change pounds to Euro you! Couple is TRY346 ( $ 19 ) whilst there see the Visa sign of also... I always use lira the cookies of the Republic of Turkey a arm and a log are the useful,! 1 of 5: Hi my boyfriend & # x27 ; s parents are off to Side in Turkey refuse. Thank you is straightforward and could save you money the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are requested. Euros, it does euros the performance of the Turkish lira info EUR - Euro currency... In hotels, restaurants, as well as at international food chains don & # x27 ; s are! To take to Turkey from UK, as 1 is currently worth 6.76 Turkish lira info EUR Euro! Pay 3.8088 liras to buy Turkish lira which are below the knee avoid. Tend to have more offices and thus more competition for better rates took sterllng ( cash ) being in. You know which is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the local currency, than! Cookies we use, see Pegasus Privacy Policy cookies and Digital marketing which are below the and! In central areas, but there are a lot of German tourists in.... Lira, some one please tell me if the accept euros there or should i take Turkish because. Resort where Sterling is accepted the link below to search flights anyone how...
You Will Own Nothing And Be Happy Origin, Why Did They Cancel Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, Shipps Funeral Home Obituary, Articles I